Breastfeeding is complicated enough without having to figure out all the ins and outs of every product as well! Don't worry, mama! We've broken down the finer details of each of our pumps for you below so that you can decide for yourself which pump you think will best suit you on your breastfeeding journey.
Here at Haakaa, we have a selection of different pumps available. While they do have specific differences, there are also some key similarities between them:
- Draw out your milk using continuous natural suction.
- Can be sterilised with any steam steriliser or by boiling in water for 2-3 mins.
- Suitable for breasts of all shapes and sizes.
- Compatible with Haakaa's Breast Pump Stopper, Breast Pump Cap, Breast Pump Strap and Hands-free Pumping & Nursing Bras.
- No batteries or cords required - easily portable.
- Compact enough to fit in most baby bags or handbags.
- Can be stored in the fridge (in accordance with your country's breast milk storage guidelines).
- BPA, PVC & phthalate-free.
Our original pump and the design that sparked a breastfeeding love affair for mamas worldwide! It is a one-piece design, so there's no need to put it together or worry about bacteria build up in tiny little nooks and crannies. As soon as you're ready to use it, it's all good to go! This uniquely designed 100ml pump suctions to your breast easily - simply squeeze and hold the pump body and centre your nipple over the middle of the flange's opening. Then, press gently to your breast and release the pump body to utilise that natural suction! Need some extra suction? Fold the flange right back before centring over your nipple while squeezing and holding the pump's body, and then unfold the flange and release the pump body as you press it to your breast. This trick applies to all of our breast pumps but take care when trying this with our Gen. 3 pump - it can provide quite a lot of suction power!
The same great design as Gen. 1, but with a convenient suction base to prevent you from crying over spilt milk! This base will suction to any smooth, flat surface and keep your milk safe from accidental knocks. The Gen. 2 pump also has two sizes to choose from – 100ml or 150ml and suctions to your breast the same way as Gen. 1.
Our strongest pump yet, and compatible with our range of interchangeable Gen. 3 attachments! We have kept the same simple and effective design that you know and love, except now you can express directly into a detachable 160ml or 250ml silicone bottle for easy feeding or storage! With a quick twist of the top, you can swap out your breast pump flange for any of our range of optional interchangeable attachments (each sold separately). We have a baby bottle lid to feed your little one expressed milk, a feeding spoon dispenser for when your baby moves on to solids, a sippy bottle top to help your independent toddler transition from a bottle to a cup and sealing disks to preserve any leftover food or liquids. Just a quick tip - when placing the assembled Gen. 3 Breast Pump to your breast, squeeze the silicone container body from the bottom edge instead of the middle. This will prevent pressure from being placed on the container rim and avoid damage. The Gen. 3 range also offers a borosilicate glass bottle body - available in 90ml or 160ml.
Ladybug Silicone Breast Milk Collector
We must stress that our Ladybug is not a breast pump, but it is the perfect alternative to a breast pad! Why lose your precious breast milk to an absorbent breast pad when you could collect the milk for later use instead?! While this nifty little essential works on the same natural suction principle as our pumps, its suction is very light and gentle and is only there to help hold the product in place in your bra. It won't draw out additional milk, so it's ideal for mums who leak breast milk and want to save it without increasing their supply. It is available in two sizes – 75ml and 150ml. Designed to fit comfortably in your bra while you work, play or relax and with feet on the bottom to help it stand upright, the Ladybug can help you stock up your milk supply without any extra effort! It's just as simple as our pumps to use, too:
- With the plug closed, press down on the back of the Ladybug and centre the main opening over your nipple.
- Press to your breast and release to create gentle suction and begin collecting letdown.
- Wear your Ladybug on the other side while nursing to collect letdown, or wear one on each breast to collect leakage throughout the day.
Note: the Ladybug is made to wear inside a bra and not just on its own.
- Remove the Ladybug regularly to store your breast milk in line with your country's safe breast milk storage guidelines.
- Pull the plug from the outlet and pour the milk through the outlet into an appropriate container before storing it.